Harlow Running Club
RULES & CONSTITUTION
1. The name of the club is HARLOW RUNNING CLUB
1.1. Club colours
1.1.1. Vest: Light Blue with red and white side panels, the words “Harlow Running Club” to be printed on the back
1.1.2. Shorts: Red
2. The headquarters of the Club is at the Mark Hall Sports Centre, London Road, Old Harlow, Essex CM17 9LX
3. The objectives of the Club are the promotion of amateur athletics for all, specifically Road Running & Cross Country, for all abilities.
4. The management of the club is vested in a committee consisting of:-
MEN'S TEAM CAPTAIN
MEN'S VICE TEAM CAPTAIN
LADIES TEAM CAPTAIN
LADIES VICE TEAM CAPTAIN
RACE PROMOTIONS SECRETARY
RECRUITMENT AND LIAISON OFFICER
CHILD WELFARE OFFICER
TRIATHLON SECTION REPRESENTATIVE
4.1. All the posts to be elected annually at the AGM, except that of President,
which will be decided by the committee at its first meeting following the AGM.
4.2. Five committee members to form a quorum.
4.3. The committee will meet once per month, or at its discretion.
4.4. Unapproved minutes will be displayed on the notice board within a week of a meeting
5. Membership of the club shall be open, on application, to anyone interested in recreational or competitive running.
5.1. A candidate for membership must apply in writing on the form provided for the purpose and be duly considered at the next committee meeting. There will be both full and associate membership allowed; full being Active i.e. adult, student (age 17 or over and in full time education) and junior (under 17) and associate being Honorary or Social,
5.1.1. Full and associate membership shall entitle the holder to attend, participate in and vote at general meetings and to stand for election to the Committee.
5.1.2. Second claim membership shall entitle the holder to attend and participate in, but not to vote at general meetings, nor to stand for election to the Committee.
5.2 By becoming a member of the Club, every member agrees to abide by the Club’s Constitution and Rules; the Rules of Competition and other rules and regulations of UK Athletics Limited; and the rules and regulations of England Athletics Limited (or relevant successor bodies).
6. A member intending to withdraw from the Club must give notice in writing to the Honorary Secretary, and his membership terminates on that day unless he is financially indebted to the Club, in which case the committee may withhold acceptance of the resignation until the Liability is discharged.
6.1. A member not having tendered their resignation prior to the 1st January shall be liable for the ensuing year’s subscriptions.
6.2. Any member who has not paid their subscription for 2 years will be deemed to have resigned and their membership will be terminated.
7. The annual subscriptions of the Club will be reviewed annually and any changes the committee considers necessary will be presented at the AGM for the Members approval
7.1. The committee shall have the power to expel any member, whose subscription is six months in arrears provided a months notice in writing shall have been sent to such a member by registered or recorded delivery letter to his last known address, informing him of the proposed action of the committee.
7.2. The name and address of any such person so expelled from a Club in the Southern District shall be sent to the Honorary Secretary of the Southern Counties AAA who shall enter his name in a book (to be called the "Black Book") kept for that purpose. Every person whose name has been so entered in a Black Book shall be suspended from competing at any meeting held under AAA Laws until the Liability causing his said expulsion, which shall not exceed one year’s subscription, shall have been discharged.
7.3. No member whose subscription becomes over one month overdue shall be eligible to take part in any club activities.
8. A General Meeting shall be held every year, normally during the month of January, to receive the Committee's report and financial statements, elect Officers and Committee Members, set the ensuing years subscriptions, and deal with any other matters specified in the agenda.
8.1. The Honorary Secretary must give every member 28 days notice of the meeting, and notice of any other business which it is desired to be placed on the agenda must be notified in writing to the Secretary 14 days prior to the meeting.
8.2. Any nominations for committee positions should be forwarded to the Secretary with a proposer, seconder and the nominee's agreement to stand, no later than 14 days prior to the AGM. Only in the event of there being no nominations by the stated deadline will they be accepted on the night.
9. A Special General Meeting must be called by any committee member within 14 days of receipt by him/her of such a request in writing signed by 10 (ten) members of the Club, stating the business to be brought before such a meeting.
10. No alteration or additions may be made to these constitution/rules except by an Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting called for that purpose.
10.1. Notice of any proposed amendments must be given as provided in Rules 8 and 9 above.
10.2. Any such alteration or addition to be decided by a simple majority vote.
10.3. Any proposed changes to the constitution must have the written support of 5 members and given to the Secretary at least 14 days prior to the meeting.
11. The Honorary Secretary shall give at least 7 days notice to every member of the time and place of any General Meeting and the business to be dealt with, and no other business shall be dealt with at any such meeting.
NB. Any reference within this document to He/His equally applies to She/Hers.
This document was adopted by the members present at the inaugural meeting held on
12/01/1989, and as amended at the: AGM of 9/01/1990
AGM of 20/01/1994 AGM of 14/01/1999
AGM of 200/1/2000 EGM of 30/03/2000
AGM of 18/01/2001 EGM of 27/09/2001
AGM of 17/01/2002 AGM of 16/01/2003
AGM of 20/01/2005 AGM of 19/01/2006
AGM of 22/01/2009 AGM of 21/01/2010
AGM of 16/01/14 AGM of 15/01/2015
AGM of 19/01/2017
as the Rules & Constitution
Reissued 21st January 2017